P.E.O.* SCHOLAR AWARDS FOR WOMEN
2013 – 2014
P.E.O. Scholar Awards are one-time competitive, merit-based awards for women of the United States and Canada who are pursuing a doctoral level degree at an accredited college or university. Nominations for the 2013 – 2014 academic year are made by local chapters to P.E.O International. DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING MATERIALS FOR CONSIDERATION BY LOCAL CHAPTERS: SEPTEMBER 20, 2012
AMOUNT OF AWARD: Usually $15,000
ELIGIBILITY: An applicant for a P.E.O. Scholar Award must
- Be nominated by a local P.E.O. chapter
- Be a citizen of the United States or Canada
- Be a full-time student within two years (as of August 1, 2013) of her graduation date
- Have at least one full academic year (as of August 1, 2013) of work remaining to complete her doctoral level degree
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION INCLUDE:
- Demonstrated scholarly excellence (minimum GPA 3.90 strongly recommended) and scholarly activities, including unique academic and global experience
- Well established in program, study or research
- Clearly defined career objectives
- Potential to make a significant contribution in her field or to society
Nomination by a P.E.O. chapter by whom the candidate is known is desirable (for example, being a P.E.O. member herself; or knowing a P.E.O. member such as a mother, aunt, sister, cousin, in-law, or her or their friend who could bring the student to a local chapter's attention). However if assistance is needed in locating a sponsoring chapter, e-mail email@example.com.
NOTE: A candidate will be interviewed by a chapter of P.E.O. The chapter will determine whether or not to nominate her for a Scholar Award. Awards are based on merit, and candidates are evaluated on a nondiscriminatory basis without consideration of race, national origin, religious affiliation, or disability.
*P.E.O. is an organization which promotes education for women through scholarships, grants, and loans. P.E.O. Scholar Awards recognize excellence and provide partial support for graduate study for women who are likely to make significant contributions in their field. For more information about P.E.O., see www://peointernational.org.