1. Now in its eighth year, theSCRM (Short Courses on Research Methods)program is for cultural anthropologists who already have the Ph.D. Three five-day courses are offered during summer 2012 at the Duke University Marine Lab in Beaufort, North Carolina.
Behavioral Observation in Ethnographic Research (Instructors: Raymond Hames and Michael Paolisso) July 16-20, 2012.
Social Network Analysis (Instructors: Jeffrey Johnson and Christopher McCarty) July 23-27, 2012.
Analyzing Video Data (Instructors: Elizabeth Cartwright and Jerome Crowder) July 30-August 3, 2012.
APPLY TO THE SHORT COURSES ON RESEARCH METHODSHERE. DEADLINE FEB. 15, 2012.
2. Now in its 17th year, theSIRD (Summer Institute on Research Design)is an intensive, three-week course for graduate students in cultural anthropology who are preparing their doctoral research proposals. The 2011 course runs fromJuly 16-August 3, 2012at the Duke University Marine Laboratory.Instructors: Jeffrey Johnson, Susan Weller, H. Russell Bernard, and Amber Wutich.
APPLY TO THE SUMMER INSTITUTE ON RESEARCH DESIGNHERE. DEADLINE March 1, 2012.
3. Now in its ninth year, theSFTM (Summer Field Training in Methods) program in Boliviais open to graduate students in cultural anthropology. This course involves five weeks of fieldwork in the Bolivian Amazon fromJune 3-July 7, 2012. Instructors:Ricardo Godoy, Victoria Reyes-Garcia, Susan Tanner, and Colleen Nyberg.
APPLY TO THE BOLIVIA FIELD SCHOOLHERE. DEADLINE FEB. 15, 2012.
4. Now in its fourth year, theSIMA (Smithsonian Institution Summer Institute in Museum Anthropology)is open to graduate students in cultural anthropology and related, interdisciplinary programs (Indigenous Studies, Folklore, etc.) who are interested in using museum collections as a data source and who are preparing for research careers. The course runs fromJune 25-July 20, 2012.Instructors: Candace Greene, Nancy Parezo, Joshua Bell, and Gwyneira Isaac, plus visiting lecturers.
APPLY TO THE SUMMER INSTITUTE IN MUSEUM ANTHOPOLOGYHERE.DEADLINE March 1, 2012.
5. TheWRMA (Workshops in Research Methods in Anthropology)program offers one-day workshops in conjunction with national meetings of anthropologists. ClickHEREfor information about the next workshops at the meetings of the American Anthropological Association in Montreal, Canada,November 16-20,2011.