[EmergingEthnoNetwork] Fwd: United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies seeks Research Fellow
--- On Wed, 4/6/11, Nemer Narchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
From: Nemer Narchi <email@example.com> Subject: Fwd: United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies seeks Research Fellow To: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 10:30 PM
The United Nations University Institute of Advanced Studies (UNU-IAS) is recruiting a Research Fellow for the Science and Technology for Sustainable Societies (STSS) Programme. Under the general supervision of the Director of UNU-IAS and the Head of the STSS Programme, the Research Fellow will be expected to be fully involved in the research activities of STSS to develop and actively support research projects in the broad area of science and technology for sustainable innovation so as to transition to a low carbon sustainable economic future.
- Ph.D. (no ABDs) in natural sciences, engineering, social sciences or science & technology studies with a strong interdisciplinary focus on policy research;
- Demonstrated research experience in the broad area of science and technology for sustainable societies and excellent knowledge and awareness of global sustainable development discourse;
- Knowledge of the United Nations System with particular focus on global climate discourse and intergovernmental processes like UNFCCC and UNCBD;
- A sound record of or potential for publication in areas related to science and technology for sustainable societies;
- Research management and coordination skills;
- Teaching experience is highly desirable;
- Ability to prepare funding proposals;
- Fluency in English is essential. A working knowledge of other UN official languages is an advantage.
This is a full-time position but not an official UN position. A monthly stipend can range from JPY 425,000 to 600,000 depending on the candidate's qualifications and years of work experience.
Duration of Contract:
Initial contract on a Personnel Service Agreement (PSA) for the first year including a three-month probationary period, with the possibility of renewal based on good performance and subject to requirements.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their application materials electronically. The application consists of:
•- A cover letter describing how your qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position. Please include the vacancy reference number in the letter.
•- A UN University Personal History Form (P.11) accessible on the UN University website (www.unu.edu/employment)
•- Full Curriculum Vitae with list of publications and names and contacts, including email addresses of three referees (the referees will be contacted directly by UNU-IAS in the event that the candidate is shortlisted)
•- Two publication samples (articles or book chapters)
Please send the above documents by email to email@example.com by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered. Clearly state the reference number in the subject header. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.